Monday 5 May 2008

Bank Holiday

I'm writing the script. Not doing much else - I didn't realise that it's a bank holiday until this morning. It's gorgeous outside, but I close the curtains, banishing the sun for some QT with my imaginary friends on the rain-soaked Somerset levels. Yep, I am a damn big arty guy. You can call me artist. You can put an e on the end of artist. I'm cool with what I am.

On Saturday, we took pictures for the poster. The actors, in funeral suits and wellies, pulled faces in front of a wall in Hackney. Later on, we'll flood them but the only water involved at this stage is in a vase Ron the photographer used for drowning tenners. 

I spent Sunday working on the design. I'm teaching myself Photoshop to lay out rough ideas so I've got a definite plan before talking again to Joel, the designer. I'm hoping he'll give us more of his time to make my ragged efforts look good, and he's more likely to do that if the idea's solid before we talk. The work is frustrating, because I don't know the program well and my computer's not really up to it - it crashes a lot and saving takes over a minute. But by doing some work myself, I hope I can avoid wasting Joel's time and get a poster which looks great.

There'll be a little film about the process once it's finished.  In the meantime - here's Martin and Jerome, the two stars of Dad's Money:


No comments: