Sunday 11 May 2008

Forest

I've been a happy man this past week, as my team - Nottingham Forest - are heading up to the Championship.  A well-earned promotion for a club that won back-to-back European cups.

On Saturday the cast and I drove out to Lee Valley to film a video clip. The fringe people are cutting a montage of messages from different shows to show to journalists at the programme launch. For a little play like this without a big PR budget, it's a great opportunity to get noticed by the press. 

I wrote a quick dualogue where the characters in the play introduce the show in heightened comic fashion. We parked, walked just twenty yards over a bank lushly fertilised with horse manure and found what looked like a quiet lane in a country forest. I've never found a location more easily. We began shooting and Jerome and Martin knocked it out of the park. I could not be happier with how easily and how hilariously they worked off each other. I can't wait for rehearsals.

We also took some pictures to send to the press - the deadline for press release and images is later this week. I'm very pleased Martin's doing the play - he's a very moving actor with a quality that means you just care for him as soon as he walks on stage. He's also a shameless mugger:
 

No comments: